Application for Admission to Nursery Class
Click on the link below to download and print a form to apply for Streatham Wells Nursery Class:
Once completed, please post or bring by hand to the school office.
Admission to Streatham Wells Nursery
The term after a child’s third birthday they are entitled to 15 hours of free nursery education for 38 weeks a year.
Households will be eligible for an additional 15 hours free entitlement where:
- Both parents are working, or one parent is working in lone-parent families
- Both parents are working but one or both parents is temporarily on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Both parents are working but one or both parents is temporarily on statutory sick pay
- One parent is employed and one parent is disables, incapacitated or has substantial caring responsibilities
- Parents must earn a minimum weekly amount equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or national living wage, and less than £100,000 per year.
Streatham Wells has the capacity to offer 26 full time (30 hour) places.
We also aim to offer part-time places (morning or afternoon sessions).
This will vary from year to year in response to demand and eligibility (as outlined above).
Parents can split their free entitlement between providers.
As Streatham Wells is a Community Primary School we follow these admissions criteria as set down by Lambeth Education Authority:
Full-Time Places (30 hours)
1. Children whose parent(s)/guardian(s) work more than 16 hours per week, and earn less than £100,000 (proof of eligibility is required – see application form)
Part-Time Places (15 hours)
- Children for whom Streatham Wells is the nearest community school or class, measured along the shortest walking distance. Priority within this group will normally be given to children who live closest to the school. In exceptional circumstances, preference may be given to children who live further away, but for whom this is the nearest community school or class. Addresses other than the child’s home address will not be accepted for admission purposes
- Children with a particular medical, social or educational reason for wanting a nursery place; this reason must be supported by the relevant professional, eg. Doctor
- Children for whom it is not the nearest community nursery school or class, measured along the shortest walking distance. Priority within this group will normally be given to children who live closest to the school.
- Children who live in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Having a sibling attending the primary school does not automatically give your child priority to the nursery class, although, because the nursery is non-statutory, the Headteacher can use his/her discretion to consider part-time admission providing you can demonstrate that not receiving a place would cause very real difficulties. Because of the criteria for primary school admissions, those children for whom this nursery class is the nearest to their home will get priority over children who live closer to another nursery class/school in the area.
We only have one intake for the Nursery which is in September. If a place becomes available during the year the place will be offered to the next child on the waiting list.
Once a nursery place is offered you will be invited to an admissions meeting to complete an enrolment form.
You will be required to provide the following documents in this meeting:
a. Long Birth Certificate
b. Proof of address (this must either a Council Tax bill, a tenancy agreement, Child Tax Credits
c. Health Book
d. National Insurance number (if applying for a full-time place)
The allocation of a starting date will be delayed and possibly withdrawn if these items are not supplied in an appropriate timeframe.
Children who attend a nursery class in a primary school do not transfer automatically to the main school; parents have to apply separately to the primary school via the Lambeth Common Application form which can be found in the Starting School booklet. This is obtainable form the Lambeth School Admissions Team on 020 7926 9503 or visit the Customer Service Centre in Olive Morris House, 18 Brixton Hill, London, SW2 1RL or the website at www.lambeth.gov.uk/eadmissions l