Parent Teacher Association
Streatham Wells has a very successful PTA and aims to benefit the whole school
● Raising money for specific projects and resources for the school.
● Contributing to the school community by hosting social events, such as coffee morning for
parents and discos for the children.
● Meeting other parents and teachers in an informal way, giving the school that community
feel that everyone loves.
● Developing a knowledge base of parents/carers’ skills, languages, and interests; so that the
PTA can contribute to the school in an organised way.
When you become a parent/Carer at Streatham Wells, you automatically become a member of the PTA and will be informed of events via newsletters, school website, class groups WhatsApp, emails, text messages and twitter (SWellsschool).
We welcome any involvement, and an AGM takes place in November where the PTA can agree its aims and objectives, and elect a committee for that academic year.
If you want to be involved you can contribute by:
1. Being a committee member – with a title (Chair, Treasurer etc) or as an ordinary member. This means attending meetings a few times a term. Meetings are at varied times and are sometimes in person or remotely via zoom. This is to help make it easy for a variety of parents to attend – there is also no need to be present at them all.
2. Helping out at events.
3. Letting the PTA know what your talents are. The PTA would like to make a ‘knowledge base of parents’ skills and interests. If you have a special skill we would love they to hear from you: this might be your line of work, language, cooking specialities, hobbies, or indeed your own history. please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do email us email@example.com if you have any ideas or suggestions for the committee.
Committee Members for 2023-24 are:
Chair: Charlie Territt
Vice Chair: Steph Sylvestre
Treasurer Gemma Glenn
Secretary: Sarah Hiller
Staff Representatives: Charlie Territt & Rebecca Beesley
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a school parent and would like to find out more about the PTA, suggest ideas for fundraising or become one of our regular helpers, we would be delighted if you would contact the school or speak to one of the committee members.
If you volunteered for the fair, we can increase the amount we have raised by even more through match funding! How can we increase this amount? Well if you work for a company that offers a fund matching scheme (it’s worth checking with your Human Resources team if your company does), we’d love to hear from you! If four people came forward we could possibly raise £2000! Do get in touch with PTA.
Support PTA by starting your Amazon shopping at Amazon Smile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible purchases. Please see the link on this page!
An easy way to donate money to PTA is to make your usual purchases through shopping online at easyfundraising. To download the easyfundraising app go to Google Play or the Apple App Store. Happy shopping!