At Streatham Wells, we are committed to listening to the views, wishes and experiences of children.
Our children offer unique perspectives on what it is like to be a pupil at our school; involving them in decision-making can create meaningful change and better academic outcomes, as well as facilitating a sense of empowerment and inclusion.
Pupils need to know that it is safe and that it is important for them to express their views on what happens at school. They need to know that what they say is valued and will be listened to and considered.
What does it look like at Streatham Wells?
Here are some of the wonderful ways we listen to children’s voice about making our school even better:
- School Council meet regularly
- Elected Year 6 Pupil Leadership Team, with Head and Deputy Head Children
- Children are offered positions of leadership in the school such as: Young Leaders, TFL Travel Ambassadors and Subject Leaders
- Regular pupil surveys
- Children are asked for feedback at the end of their projects
- Children meet with governors and talk about key issues
- And much more!